layout chevron

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Half Way To One

Here's an update on me... the facts. 

  • I will be 8 months old on April 6th. 
  • I weigh ___
  • I am ___ tall
  • I eat 6 cups of food per day or 2 cups 3x/day
  • I am always hungry and eat my food within 10 seconds
  • I have had 1 pee accident in the last month
  • I like to ride in the car and will sleep during long trips
  • I don't like when the car stops too often because I get nervous
  • I need 2 walks per day or 1 run per day (all stay and no play makes Eddy a crazy boy)
  • I know these commands when I am not being stubborn
    • Sit
    • Lay (lie) down
    • On your feet (lying to sitting)
    • Drop it
    • Up (jump up to "dance")
    • Watch (eye contact)
    • Spin
    • Stay
    • Go fetch
    • Kennel (go in my kennel)
    • Out (leave room or closet)
  • I am working on these commands
    • Leave it
    • Off
    • Walk nice
  • I know what my people mean when they ask/say the following
    • "Do you have to go outside?"
    • "Where's your toys?" or "Get a toy"
    • "Where's your bone?" or "Get your bone"
    • "Want to go for a ride?" or "Go for a ride"
    • "Do you want to eat?" or "Lunch" or "Dinner"
    • "Do you want to go for a walk?" 
    • "Want a banana?" or "Nanner" (I love them!)
  • I will jump up on my people if they start dancing--what can I say I like to dance!
  • I still hump occasionally even after being neutered, especially the grandparents
  • I walk well with my body harness and I walk terribly without it
  • I will pull my people around the yard if I don't have my harness on because I am so strong 
  • I have a weak stomach and had to switch food brands
  • I still have soft poop at times and puke when I eat mulch or certain bones
  • I have very stinky gas
  • I let my people know I have to go outside by barking at them
  • I let my people know that I need exercise by barking at them
  • I let my people know that I am hungry by barking at them (see how this might get confusing??? It's like a baby and crying--they know my different barks now)
  • I don't like when my people are on the computer, watching TV or are stationary at all if I have not had enough exercise
  • I am not very good at playing by myself. I need to be told to play with my toys or chew my bone
  • I love to play fetch
  • I can jump really high but am still not all that coordinated
  • I follow my people everywhere, even into the bathroom
  • I like to counter surf and will steal food (or oven mitts) if I can reach them
  • I will always be at your side when you are cooking
  • I love to steal socks, underwear, boxers, t-shirts, hats, shoes, pants... basically anything I can grab and drag. 
  • I like to steal for the keep-away; I don't chew them up, but occasionally I do
  • I love plush toys but will eventually rip the stuffing out of them
  • I have caused some damage to my people's apartment and furniture
    • Small bare spot in carpet where I liked to dig with my paws and bite the carpet
    • Chew marks on corners of trim in various places
    • Broken blinds (horizontal and vertical blinds)
    • Chew marks on corners of end tables
    • Wicker around handle of wicker basket chewed off
    • Holes in comforter and blanket
    • Chew marks on leaning shelf and broken bottom shelf
    • Chew marks on drawer handle of dining pub table
    • Chewed up corners of rugs
    • Ripped upholstery on ottoman
    • Chewed up corner of Bruce Springsteen record box set, along with Traffic and The Who
    • Probably missing some...
  • I don't like the taste of deodorant (Men's Degree to be exact) so my people put that on the corner of the furniture so I don't chew it
  • I have never had a bath yet, but it might be time soon. I don't think I'll like it
  • I don't snuggle like I used to when I go to bed for the night, but if I sleep in bed with you then we must be touching and you'll probably have to share the pillow with my head
  • I go to bed usually every night at 9 PM
  • I sometimes have an unsolicited "grand finale" before I go to bed for the night where I sprint throughout the apartment (we need to capture this on video...)
  • I like to sleep on the chair or on the end of the couch. If someone is in my spot then I will bark and annoy you until you get up then I'll steal your spot. 
  • I sleep in my kennel overnight but once in awhile I get to sleep in the bed
  • I am very good in my kennel but will start to whine between 8-9 AM to be let out
  • I have been in my kennel for 9 hours at the longest when my people are at work but that doesn't happen very often
  • I like to watch birds and other dogs outside through the window
  • I love other dogs, but other dogs don't always like me
  • I have never met a cat
  • I think almost everyone in the apartment complex knows my name, probably because...
  • I am very handsome :)

1 comment: